Finding a job and starting a business requires time and money. When finding a job, you need time to prepare your resume ensuring that each resume and cover letter is relevant to the company you’re applying. Interviews take time and if you’re applying for a job that has a low entry level, there is so much competition. If you’re looking for a high entry job, the interview process is even longer.
The next thing you might think of is starting a small business. For this, you’ll need a small sum of money to help you market yourself eg getting a business license, building a website, and buying networking event tickets or at least spending on drinks when you meet people outside.
It isn’t easy making money when you are cash strapped and have a lot of commitments. If you are looking for the fastest ways to earn money immediately, you might want to consider some of these options:
– Become a rideshare driver or a delivery person. You can use your own car or bike to transport people or goods around town and get paid weekly or even daily. You will need to meet certain qualifications and sign up on platforms like Grab, airasia ride,
EzCab, Maxim, inDrive, Riding Pink, Buddy Driver, or Kumpool. From what I’ve heard from some drivers, you might be able to make around $15 to $20 per hour if you plan your rides properly.
– Help others with simple, everyday tasks. You can offer your services to people who need help with things like assembling furniture, mounting TVs, cleaning, or shopping.. You can find customers through word of mouth or platforms like GoGet.
Workers earn an average of RM10 to RM15 per hour.
– Sell your gently used items or unused gift cards. You can declutter your home and make some cash by selling your unwanted stuff online or in person. You can use platforms like mudah.my, Facebook Marketplace, or Facebook Community Groups to list your items and electronics.
– Work as a freelancer or a consultant or a Virtual Assistant. If you have any skills or expertise that are in demand, you can offer your services online and get paid by the hour or by the project. You can find clients through platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, Freelancer, or 99designs.
These platforms are highly competitive so it’s actually easier to use social media to promote your work directly.
– Pet grooming: If you love animals and have a knack for making them look good, you can start a pet grooming business. You can offer your services at your home, at the client’s place, or in a mobile van. You will need some equipment, such as scissors, brushes, shampoos, and clippers, but you do not need any digital devices or software.
– Cleaning service: Many people are busy or do not enjoy cleaning their homes or offices. You can provide a valuable service by offering to do it for them. You will need some basic cleaning supplies, such as brooms, mops, buckets, and detergents, but you do not need any digital tools or platforms.
Selling low ticket items such as food by the side of the street might look easy but prepare yourself wake up at 3am to prepare the food to get the breakfast crowd. You should be a good cook to even attempt this business as word gets out fast about the taste of your food and its pricing.
There are many other opportunities to make money online or offline, depending on your interests, skills, and goals. Some of them might require more time, effort, or investment than others, but they can also be more rewarding in the long run.
One of the most important skills you need to succeed in any of these ventures is the ability to market yourself and communicate effectively with your potential customers.
You need to be able to showcase your value proposition, build trust and rapport, and persuade people to buy from you or hire you. You also need to be able to manage your time, money, and resources efficiently and deliver quality work on time.
If you have managed to earn some money from the above, you must make sure that continue to learn new skills especially digital skills that are in high demand on the side.
To learn more about how to make money fast and what skills you need, you can check out some of these resources:
– How To Make Money Fast: 26 Proven Ways | GOBankingRates
– How To Make Money Fast: 10 Real Ways To Make Money Quickly – Entrepreneur
– How to make money fast: try these 16 proven methods – Fortune
– 19 Real Ways to Make Money Online Fast in Malaysia – TechRakyat
These resources also share some actual success case studies and source links that you can use as inspiration or reference.
I hope this blog post has been helpful and informative for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!
To reach the My Money Insights editorial team on your feedback, story ideas and pitches, contact us here.